No matter where you live, I’ve gotta’ imagine the weather, and specifically, the temperatures you’ve had the pleasure of experiencing, have hardly been consistent this winter. With that in mind and considering it just cooled down rapidly – even with wildly blowing wind and snow this week, here’s a very quick and easy way to heat up a fully flavorful sweet and savory salad made with spinach, pear and your choice or a combination of walnuts, dried cranberries and feta (or any cheese) that’ll warm your body and soul on a bone chilling night. Emmm…you bet!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this salad. Click any picture on this page for a direct link to a complete, easy to follow step-by-step picture book recipe.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes, depending on number of ingredients
Cooking Time: about 5 minutes
- 1-2 Handfuls Fresh Spinach
- 1 Ripe Pear
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- Olive or Vegetable Oil
- Salad Dressing
- Walnuts (I’m using raw walnuts, but you can substitute with any walnuts or your favorite nuts. Of course, skip the nuts if you or anyone eating the salad has a nut allergy.)
- Feta (or your favorite) Cheese
- Dried Cranberries (or any dried fruit)
- Ground Black Pepper (optional)
- 10-12 Inch Frying Pan
- Large Sharp (Chef’s) Knife
- Cutting Board