Here’s a refreshingly flavorful salad that’s a great way to combine the sweet crunch of summer-fresh corn with the snap of bell pepper and zest of onion, garlic, fresh cilantro and, of course, a good splash of one of my favorite ingredients: balsamic vinegar.
You’ll see a list of ingredients and pieces of equipment needed to make this salad below and a picture outline above. For complete, easy to follow visual directions, just click any picture on this page for a “click & go” link to the Crisp Corn Salad Step-By-Step Picture Book Recipe.
Ingredients (for about 4 people)
- 2-3 Ears of Cooked Corn
- 1/2 Bell Pepper (yellow, orange and red peppers are sweeter than green bell peppers)
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Onion
- Handful of Fresh Cilantro
- Balsamic (or any) Vinegar
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Cutting Board
- Large Sharp (Chef’s) Knife
- Small Sharp (Paring) Knife
- Big Spoon
- Bowl (big enough to contain all the ingredients)